Dental Implants Dentist Reviews
WHEN IT COMES TO CHOOSING A DENTAL IMPLANT DENTIST, YOU DON’T WANT TO CHOOSE JUST ANY DENTIST… The process of positioning a dental implant requires a high level of skill and experience to do it the right way. One dental implant dentist may be only diagnosing and coordinating the dental implant placement and then adding the restorations afterward while an oral surgeon actually places the dental implant. Another dental implant dentist may be actually placing the dental implant in the same office. Either way, it is important to carefully select your dental implant dentist (and possibly an oral surgeon, too). When a dental implant is placed by a knowledgeable professional and followed up by excellent oral hygiene, your dental implant can last a lifetime.
With such a big investment in your smile’s future, make sure you are investing in a dental implant dentist you can trust. Dental implant placement is not considered a specialty; so when choosing a dental implant dentist it is important to find out their level of training and experience with implant dentistry.
When looking for a dental implant dentist, consider the following:
• How long has the dentist been working with dental implants?
• How much training has the dentist had in implant dentistry?
• How many previous dental implant patients have been treated successfully?
• Are there dental implant before/after pictures available from previous patients?
• Is more than one dentist going to be involved in the procedure?
• If so, is there a plan in place to coordinate treatment between the doctors and you?
• How long will the entire dental implant procedure take?
• Does the dental implant dentist have high ratings and reviews on patient review sites?
Along with evaluating the answers to the questions above, it is important to note the office atmosphere and whether your dental implant dentist seems willing to listen to your needs and opinions. Looking for a dental implant dentist who is willing to explain the options and procedure to you in understandable terms is an important way to ensure that you can participate in the treatment decisions.