Health and dental insurance for Low income
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in Georgia:
- Total Georgia Residents - 9, 467, 121
- Total Georgia uninsured residents - 17.77%
- Total Georgia HMO enrollment - 1, 828, 281
- Avg annual employee premium in GA employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $972
- Avg GA hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) - $1, 279
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
Georgia Health Plans
Looking to purchase Georgia health insurance? We offer a broad selection of Georgia health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading Georgia health insurance companies.
Georgia State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within Georgia:
The Department of Community Health insures nearly 2 million people, maximizing the state's health care purchasing power while planning coverage for uninsured Georgians and coordinating health planning for state agencies.
PeachCare is free or low-cost health insurance for uninsured children. Information is available in both Spanish and English.
Contact information for all community health departments including the Office of Rural Health Services, the Office of Minority Health and the Office of Women's Health.