Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
The Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic program offered at A.T. Still University’s Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is located in the state-of the-art Center for Advanced Oral Health in Mesa, Arizona. The program provides a rich clinically-focused education where students are exposed to the most current techniques and practices in the field.
The primary purpose of the Orthodontic program is to educate caring technologically adept orthodontists who become community and educational leaders, serving those in need; and,
- To be the leader in the lifelong education of community responsive orthodontists;
- To prepare graduates with a strong foundation of critical inquiry, evidenced-based practice, research, cultural competency, an orientation to prevention, and interdisciplinary healthcare experiences; and,
- To promote the delivery of optimal patient care and for the transfer of newly acquired knowledge, skills and technology to the profession and to the community.
The goals of the Postgraduate Orthodontic program at ATSU-ASDOH are as follows:
- Graduates will be skilled in the delivery of optimal patient care using a treatment model that emphasizes prevention and evidence-based treatment.
- Graduates will be community-responsive orthodontists who are able and willing to serve as a resource in their community for dental public health issues.
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in critical inquiry, research principles, and evidenced-based practice.
- Graduates will be participants in an interdisciplinary healthcare system and have the skills and knowledge to become leaders in this system.
- Graduates will have knowledge of business models relating to private practice, as well as non-profit and public entities.
- The Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic program will be a leader in continuing dental education, lifelong learning and dental public health.
Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health
Postgraduate Orthodontic Program
5835 E. Still Circle
Mesa, AZ 85206
Orthodontic Clinic Phone: 480.248.8107