April 16, 2016
Dental oral hygiene
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent dental problems such as tooth decay and periodontal disease. Good oral hygiene includes:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice every day
- Flossing your teeth at least once every day
- Visiting your dentist every six months for a regular dental cleaning and exam
- Maintaining a balanced, nutritious diet
- Using dental products, including toothpaste and mouth rinse, that contain fluoride
When you visit us at York Dental for your routine dental cleanings and exams, we will check for signs of tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancer, and other conditions. We also provide thorough, professional dental cleanings to help your smile stay healthy. For more information on oral hygiene and preventive dentistry, we invite you to contact our Edina, Minnesota dental office today!
We also welcome you to visit the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and KidsHealth® to learn more about how to care for your smile!
Share this article
Bad oral hygiene
January 31, 2017
March 8, 2018
Meaning of oral hygiene
March 17, 2017