Dental Health Activities for preschool
Children generally don’t start brushing their own teeth until at least kindergarten, but dental activities should be taught as early as preschool. Teaching kids healthy dental habits at a young age can help set them up for a lifetime of clean and healthy teeth. And fun, hands-on activities are a great way for preschoolers to learn the importance of dental care.
At Kool Smiles, we provide activities online and in-office to help your preschooler learn while having fun. Download these free activity sheets and dental lesson plans to help your kids learn about dental health!
Kool Smiles has lots of fun dental activities for kids of all ages. Download the activities today! You’ll find a variety of activity options, including:
- Coloring. We have coloring sheets that help kids learn about different types of foods, or how to roar like a lion to reach the teeth in the back of their mouths.
- Word games. As your children learn to read, have them play our fun word searches, bingo and madlibs games.
- Fun with numbers. A dental visit calendar and ways to brush for two full minutes are just two of the numbers activities your kids can use to learn dental health.
- Brushing and flossing. Once your kids are ready to begin brushing and flossing on their own, use our activity sheets to help show them how.
- Demonstrations. Use an apple to show your preschooler how a tooth can decay. Poke a hole in the apple about the size of a dime and pretend the hole is a cavity. Have your child watch how the apple changes over the next few days. This is what cavities do to your child’s teeth. This is just one of many fun demonstrations that will provide hands-on learning opportunities.
- Fact sheets. We have a number of fun fact sheets for you to review with your kids that will teach them cool things about wisdom teeth, fluoride and more.
Our Kool Smiles blog
And to help your preschoolers learn from dental professionals in person, bring them to your Kool Smiles. All of our staff and friendly dentists are ready and excited to teach your kids about dental care.